Welcome Members of the Labor Benefits Association!
Since the discontinuation of your retiree medical benefits on January 1, 2017, the unions whose retired members were among those impacted have been working to develop plans that are more affordable and provide a robust benefit package. To this end, the Labor Benefits Association (LBA) was formed. Through the efforts of the LBA and local unions, we are able to offer Aetna Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with Extended Service Area (ESA) plans sponsored by LBA. Choosing either of these Aetna plans should result in significantly reduced costs for you. About the two Aetna MAPD PPO-ESA plan options:
About the two Aetna MAPD PPO-ESA plan options:
- These plans were developed in conjunction with the Labor Benefits Association (LBA) and local unions based on feedback from retirees like you. Aetna was selected for their experience working with retiree groups just like ours and for their 4 star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This star rating ensures plan quality and the ability to keep rates stable.
- The LBA has negotiated an agreement with Aetna that ensures no significant rate increase.
- These plans are the only plans endorsed by LBA and supported by the local unions. You’ll receive information from other carriers about other plans but no other plan is endorsed by the LBA and your local union. We understand this might be confusing so we’ve partnered with Doyle Rowe LTD, a team
familiar with retiree medical plans and our organizations to help you understand your plan options. Contact information for Doyle Rowe LTD and Aetna can be found on here.
Why should I choose one of the new Aetna MAPD plans and what are the benefits?
- Your costs will be considerably lower than what you are paying today and the benefits will be as good or better (see plan details on the inside).
- Premiums for the LBA Aetna group MAPD plans will be deducted from your MEABF or LABF pension check each month.
- You will not need to change your doctors.
- You will have enhanced prescription drug coverage.
- You will have access to programs like the Resources For Living® program to keep you healthy and make your life easier.
- You will receive a new single Aetna member ID card to use when getting medical services and prescriptions.
What isn’t changing?
- You’ll have benefits beyond Original Medicare.
- You’ll be able to use any doctor or hospital, in or out of the Aetna Medicare network, without paying more for out-of-network services.*
- You won’t need a referral to receive covered services.
*If you need help finding a provider, call Aetna at 1-800-307-4830 (TTY: 711). You can speak to someone 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
Do I have to belong to a union to enroll in the plan?
No, but you do need to join LBA, which then qualifies you for the plan. Instructions on how to join LBA will be included in your enrollment packet.
Who can I call to help me understand this change?
- Doyle Rowe LTD: This organization has worked with other retiree groups and can help you understand your options and fill out your enrollment application, understand upcoming events and answer questions.
You may call them at 1-866-201-2524 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
- Aetna Retiree Services: Aetna is also here to help answer questions on the Aetna coverage options available, confirm providers or talk to your doctor’s office. You may call them at 1-800-307-4830 (TTY: 711) from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
LBA is pleased to bring you these quality, affordable plans.
Looking for Dental coverage?
We have a choice of plans to fit your needs.